He's a great talent
by HTownND (2023-01-26 13:04:16)

In reply to: Gio having a bit of a revenge tour right now  posted by NavyJoe

He and his family are bitches though, and no amount of goals will change that.

Clearly, the USMNT is a gigantic dumpster fire at the moment. I don't envy Cone, she will have her hands full.

Today's news definitely marks the end for Berhalter.
by Slainte Joe  (2023-01-26 13:28:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No way he remains unemployed until the summer in the off chance that Stewart's replacement brings him back.

Weird news. Stewart was talking just a few days ago about the #USMNT continuing in the tactical direction that Berhalter had taken them. It certainly seemed to me that Stewart was committed for this cycle and wanted a coach who would continue with a ball control philosophy. Now he's gone, and the program is rudderless again heading into a new World Cup cycle.

Fun stuff.

Letting McBride go made it obvious
by wcnitz  (2023-01-26 13:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That they are cleaning house, so it was just a matter of time for Stewart.

I suppose now is the time to do it, especially...
by NavyJoe  (2023-01-26 13:50:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if they want to move in a new tactical direction.

I don't think that's what they want.
by Slainte Joe  (2023-01-26 14:22:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stewart signed a contract through 2026 fairly recently. I think the USSF had really, truly planned to continue with the Berhalter "play with the ball" philosophy, whether with GB or not. Now? Who the hell knows?

The federation claims that neither departure is related to the Reyna Affair. That's a little hard swallow, but again, who knows?