I hope he doesn't go to Arsenal. I am an Arsenal ...
by Rocksteady74 (2023-01-26 21:00:24)

In reply to: Arsenal reportedly interested as well after Elneny's injury. *  posted by ndroman21

... fan, but I also am a USMNT fan and I don't see Weston breaking into the starting lineup at Arsenal. They play with three midfielders and Weston isn't going to push out Odegaard, Partey or Xhaka.

He’d backup Partey, I believe.
by ndroman21  (2023-01-26 21:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’d play in Europa and some against the bottom of the table in the EPL with the compressed schedule this year.

He’d definitely play more at Leeds, no disagreement.

Arsenal does need depth, though.

Yeah, Partey is going to need more rest
by GoldCoastIrish  (2023-01-27 12:18:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the near future as ECL picks up for us. He'll get a lot of time in that cup, I would think. Maybe some FA time too if we get through this afternoon.

I agree that it would be a good signing for Arsenal. And ...
by Rocksteady74  (2023-01-26 23:17:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... Partey is somewhat injury prone (as is Weston). But his playing time would be limited except when Partey is injured (Xhaka doesn't seem to get injured often, and doesn't even get suspended as much as he did in the past).

Isn't Partey also facing some...
by wcnitz  (2023-01-27 07:53:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Possible jail time?

He was cleared of the initial allegation last fall.
by ndroman21  (2023-01-27 11:17:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There were I think two additional allegations that are possibly still being investigated, but I haven't heard much about it since October or November.

He just had his bail extended today, I think
by wcnitz  (2023-01-27 12:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a 3rd time.