I think its past boiling at this point
by KnightlyRevue (2023-05-23 07:41:13)

In reply to: The Vini vs Racism in La Liga has reached a boiling point…  posted by wiNDycityfan

What happened is inexcusable and La Liga’s/Spanish Federation’s response is a classic case of digging your head in the sand to protect an image that no one believes is true. I watched the game and while I do not think the entire crowd yelled “Mono” and that they were indeed chanting “Tonto” (idiot) it doesn’t matter. There were enough wastes of space making ape noises and scratching under their arms to suspend the game immediately. The ref did not follow the protocols outlined by FIFA and they made Vini make the choice as to whether to stay or not. Unacceptable. When you add in the lynching episode at Atletico and the “Die Vini Die” chants at Osasuna it just becomes unfathomable that La LIga has not taken more action.

The VAR referee has now been fired and rightly so. Why he chose to only send Vini’s retaliation to the choke hold is shameful.

A shit show end to end. La Liga has failed. It is not the only league with racism but it has responded the poorest. It needs to penalize Valencia in a major way and they need to play in an empty stadium for a minimum of 10 games. Any further incidents and the punishments must be swift and severe. Sadly, I doubt Tebas or Rubiales rise to the occasion.

Replies: