I was going to write a long email and it saddened my heart
by SCOANGERS (2023-05-23 09:29:19)

In reply to: The Vini vs Racism in La Liga has reached a boiling point…  posted by wiNDycityfan

I agree first there is Racism and bigotry in our country but there is something systemic in Europe which is sadly often hidden...I can point out to so many facts over last 20 years from cartoons in the Swiss press showing the French team as "Africa team" to antisemitism from German team playing against RB Leipzig (it used to be the largest Jewish community in Germany), to social media in the UK (no more in stadium because of interdiction of stadium) against Rashford, to France when KMB missed a penalty etc. and etc, ..and then there is the weekly incident in Sere A or Liga...

I met several players who told me stories I could not even comprehend

My gread mother came from Napoli immigrated to Marseille and was telling me of North vs South racism ...I still think it exist today in Seria A

Truth to be told I dont feel at ease bringing my kids to games in Spain, Italy and even sometimes in France ...I always felt safe bringing them to any sport venue in the US (even having our NYY caps in the bleachers at Fenway)

While this Real game should have been stopped, I struggle with the answer as this is sadly a more systemic issue than only a soccer one