Anybody following the U20 World Cup?
by wiNDycityfan (2023-05-29 14:30:17)

USMNT onto the round of 16 vs New Zealand tomorrow. We looked strong in the group stage and went undefeated.

I’ll be watching on Telemundo. More on the link below.

They were outstanding yesterday
by TCFC  (2023-05-31 09:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure how much of that is due to our quality or a lack thereof from New Zealand.

I thought that we were positive, disciplined, organized, far more athletic, and finished chances pretty well.

Reaching the QF is definitely a good sign

We always reach the QF - need to go further
by DakotaDomer  (2023-06-03 08:37:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Uruguay next

Winger from Wolfsburg joining…
by iudomer  (2023-05-30 21:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should help with scoring.

Neighbor behind us is Greek, so I mentioned Niko Tsakiris
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-29 21:00:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

scoring the second goal on Friday and the neighbor's father goes by Niko, so I was able to tie that in.

That said, Friday was a very close game until the very late goal sealed it. Cowell gets interest for obvious reasons. (Cade and Niko are both with the Quakes.)

Separately, I was impressed with a brief interview with DiegoLuna this week. I am amazed at how well some of these young guys carry themselves in public.

The only Greek I know owns a coffee shop
by the hibernian  (2023-06-01 11:04:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on State Street. Jimmy Pitsos, remember him?

More interested in USWNT U-20 team w/ND player Klenke.
by Domerduck  (2023-05-29 16:22:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There in the Concacaf U-20 championship that's being helf in the Dominican Republic. They play 2-0 Canada tomorrow on Foxsports after winning their 1st two matches against Panama 6-0 (Leah subbed in) and Jamaica (4-0) where Leah played all 90 on D.

The last five minutes of that game were a joke
by TCFC  (2023-05-31 09:40:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was literally the US left back and central defender passing the ball back and forth, with an occasional pass back to the goalie. Canada simply refused to press.

I thought the ref should have just ended the game, it was a farce.

USA was up by 3 and both were through to the semis. Leah
by Domerduck  (2023-05-31 20:31:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

played all 90 again in D which is good. So with Mexico winning the other group by beating Costa Rica I think we will play Costa Rica in the semis.