Two things about Champions League remain predictable
by DakotaDomer (2024-04-10 16:54:01)

1. Arsenal will play Bayern

2. PSG will underperform

I didn't see a 5-2, so I'm hopeful. *
by Wooderson  (2024-04-12 14:10:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would add
by SCOANGERS  (2024-04-11 15:35:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3) These four games were both genuinely worth watching for any soccer fan with different dynamics but huge suspens. I know 80% of the club participants have been more or less the same in the last decade but I like this and again I feel why the superleague is a natural (I know some will disagree)

4) The mental and history aspect: FC Bayern players that did not want to be the first one to lose against these "Arsenal babies", the Barca players and coach that want to teach Luis Enrique a lesson, the grinta of Atletico

Hey I hope PSG can take out Lyon in the semis. They tied the
by Domerduck  (2024-04-11 13:28:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last time they played in Lyon, but it took Lyon tying with a stoppage time goal. The 1st leg of the semis will be again in Lyon in 9 days on April 20.

Go PSG that has our two recent Notre Dame players who both should start.

Great set of games.
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-04-10 21:13:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I sincerely hope Pedri can get over his health issues and perform at his level. Cubarsi is a tremendous young defender. Happy to see Barca get it and I would love to see 3/4 teams be from La Liga. La Roja is always my top priority in the soccer world.

This Madridista is La Liga > petroclubs
by Irish2003  (2024-04-10 19:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barca & Atleti are our Southern Cal and Michigan respectively, yet I'd still rather have them (principles first, but it does help the cash payouts too) over the Qatar or Abu Dhabi teams, and no gripes whatsoever if the Bundesliga folks pull it off. We pulled a 49ers (my other team) by failing to knock out the champ yesterday, and I think City gets the Triple sadly.

Imagine Athletico in a Champions League final
by dwjm3  (2024-04-10 17:05:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The dark arts will be ramped up to the to the nth degree.

When they played Real Madrid in the 2016 UCL final,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-10 18:34:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Real Madrid actually had more fouls and more yellow cards than Atlético.

They don't necessarily get carded for it
by dwjm3  (2024-04-10 18:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are pretty good at concealing it.