Its a larger chain
by mitquinn (2017-08-31 11:45:31)

In reply to: Guardian reporting now that Sanchez is staying at Arsenal.  posted by IrishCavan

each club won't sell without replacement.

Deal might hang in the balance if Dimaria will not move to Monaco, with Mbappe to PSG and Lemar to Premiership.

It boiled down to this...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-08-31 12:12:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Manchester City came in with a second offer of £55m, plus £5m in add-ons – but it came down to Arsenal being able to sign a new attacking player.

Quite simply, they look to have run out of time on that front. They wanted Lemar, and Monaco demanded that they pay 100m euros for him, which Arsenal indicated they were willing to do. But there appeared to be insufficient time for Arsenal to agree a package with Lemar, particularly as he is in the France squad for this evening’s game against Holland – which kicks off in about 2 hours.

Were Arsenal able to get Lemar, they would have been inclined to take the £60m from City for Sanchez. But it is unlikely to happen now.

Why did they wait until the deadline day to hammer all this out is what I don't understand. Maybe they didn't. Now they'll end up without either by this time next year.

They didnt
by mitquinn  (2017-08-31 15:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the ship is well run.

And no Champions League...
by NDMike2001  (2017-08-31 13:14:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would Lemar want to go to Arsenal when he could just stay at Monaco and play in the UCL? The same opportunities will be there for him in January. Particularly, Arsenal - if Sanchez's presence doesn't bring down the locker room, Lemar would have a chance to see if Arsenal are able to right the ship for next year.

The Arsenal fan in the house came up from the basement
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-08-31 13:51:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last night after doing homework and immediately launched into a 10 minute monologue of how Arsenal has dropped the ball, has not spent money like they said they would, etc. He's bummed about the state of affairs, especially after seeing Sunday's game at Anfield.

My pre-season prediction is 100% on target
by mitquinn  (2017-08-31 16:40:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for those who will be routinely abused by Kelly/Swarbrick & Wenger/Kroenke.

I have already mailed out apology cards to anyone in my life.

He better get used to it.
by CuzTeahan  (2017-08-31 14:57:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you well know, Arsenal is always a day late and/or a dollar short by design.

Another satisfied Kroenke customer! *
by irishlaw2010  (2017-08-31 14:02:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, Kroenke was featured in the speech. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-08-31 14:20:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did he scream "I'm F***ing tired, Robbie!" at you? *
by irishlaw2010  (2017-08-31 18:21:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post