I don't understand LFC not going after another CB
by irishlaw2010 (2017-08-31 15:29:12)

In reply to: Large transfer window deadline dealings... (edited 1:43PM)  posted by wiNDycityfan

if Van Dijk is not going to be acquired.

If Van Dijk was not being negotiated the entire time (or even if you were continuing to pursue him), they should have been going after other CBs to add depth there (especially with Sakho out of favor and being sold to Crystal Palace).

The Sakho thing is odd.
by IrishCavan  (2017-08-31 15:36:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What the hell did he do...kill Klopp's dog? I would rather see him out there than Lovren. But you are correct, Klopp has had a few transfer windows to get another CB and, for some odd reason, hasn't. I don't get it at all.

He's a flake.
by NDBass  (2017-08-31 16:07:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wrong suspension for PEDs, which started with him not letting the LFC staff know what he was taking. Leaving a game early when he wasn't included in the time (under BR). Being late for things and having to be sent home. It all added up.

I think he's only behind Matip on the LFC CB list, but he's very unorthodox and probably doesn't do a whole lot to calm the usual uneasiness in the back for. I think the emergence of TAA, Robertson, Gomez, and (crosses fingers that it sticks) Moreno will make the CBs better. I still wanted VVD, but it's possible he has more faith now than he did. I don't, but what do I know?

I think he actually killed Klopp's dog.
by NDMike2001  (2017-08-31 16:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With Clyne (and Lallana actually) out, Liverpool are woefully thin on defense. Think about it, they have the exact same center backs that saw Lucas start several games at CB last year. But this year they also have UCL football. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Meanwhile, if he survives tomorrow (which I"m not not), Coutinho will just walk right back into the team.