Can Tim Ream suck any more?
by wiNDycityfan (2017-09-01 19:27:44)
Edited on 2017-09-01 19:28:32

And the next class strike from Jozy Altidore would be the first since 2010.

Altidore misses the easy shit
by spade  (2017-09-04 14:17:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lol right after Altidore's whiff, at this bar I was at in Atlanta (Edit: with crappy fans) started the "Its really very simple, put the ball into..." chant which was hilarious. Right after the chant ends I yell Altidore you suck and they main chant guy (with #17 jersey) takes offense. I yell, "He IS terrible he just whiffed on those "very simple" ones you just chanted about!"

He is an OK player, but the offense cannot revolve around him. He's not a good enough striker for that. His instinct shots are good, but if given a few seconds to think about it (like his failed slide shot just before CR's second goal) he never capitalizes.

What was the name of the bar? *
by NDBass  (2017-09-04 19:53:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't remember. The bar was actually just fine
by spade  (2017-09-05 14:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just didn't get along with the fans there

I corrected original post to aim my ire at the correct target

That's what I'm trying to avoid.
by NDBass  (2017-09-05 18:57:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't like a large number of the fans that just like to sing/cheer/chant just to say they're singing/cheering/chanting. What are were you in? I can probably narrow it down from there.

Answer Included
by spade  (2017-09-05 21:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I felt bad that I had bad-mouthed the bar which actually was an okay bar with a very cute waitstaff. It was an Irish bar, fe, fi, fo, fumb or something. Just east of GaTech campus. Are you from Atlanta?

Crowd was definitely just there to yell and moan when they thought a penalty should have been awarded. I'm hoping I happened upon a bad group and it isn't indicative of the Atlanta United fanbase.

If you are from Atlanta, how are the Atlanta games?

Keylor Navas had two huge saves
by KnightlyRevue  (2017-09-02 10:13:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish Real would appreciate him more. I love him.

We do! IMO, this actually worked out well w/r/t DDG
by Irish2003  (2017-09-03 13:36:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(Diehard RM fan since Raul & dues-paying member here)

It's an understatement to say there was a lot of drama for the poor guy following a club & country legend like San Iker, but Navas kept quiet and took care of business. As expected, Perez put in a bid with United for the next Spain MNT goalie, but the fax machine "broke" and the deal was off, which I think ended up actually working out for both teams. I'm admittedly bummed we couldn't pry Donnamarumma from the Rossoneri as I have a bad gut feeling he'll be Buffon-esque, but have nothing but respect for Keylor for what he's done for both RM & CR, although I am a little pissed to our own USMNT defense falling to shreds lately.

Didn't see the game but did we miss Brooks and Besler? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-09-02 00:11:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like Brian Kelly misses the door hitting his ass *
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-02 00:22:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I only watched the second half, but was left unimpressed...
by Rocksteady74  (2017-09-02 00:05:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... with the entire team. The midfield plays slow and directionless. The forwards seemed shockingly disinterested in wandering towards the opposition's goal. The score speaks to the play of the centerbacks.

Arena should get much of the blame.
by IrishCavan  (2017-09-01 22:38:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His shape left the CBs plenty vulnerable. That doesn't excuse the shit show from Cameron and Ream.

Why didn't Besler play instead of Ream? *
by Melanzana  (2017-09-01 22:03:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couldn't agree more re Altidore
by Prophetofdoom  (2017-09-01 21:11:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have always maintained he was average at best. Get rid of him, please.

First goal wasn't entirely on him
by wcnitz  (2017-09-01 20:52:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cameron was way out of position and Howard came out when he should have stayed central.

Ream also did a great job in the second half and won a ton of balls in the air.

Cameron had a shit game start to finish.

It was entirely on him the way he played it one on one *
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-01 20:58:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a top flight strike, Howard was off-balance
by spade  (2017-09-04 14:12:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ream did a poor job of tracking the player but he conceded a terrific sliding strike which was laser perfect shot on a poor angle.

Striker scored the goal, not Ream's position....still Ream didn't play well, but give the credit for an amazing shot

No
by wcnitz  (2017-09-01 21:06:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got his man out wide. Cameron left the middle wide open.

Howard compounded the problem by coming out a bit and giving the angle for the shot. Not to mention he was on the wrong foot when the shot came.

Disagree
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-01 21:58:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That shot should've not gotten off. Ream got beat plain and simple.

It shouldn't have gotten off...
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-09-01 23:16:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and it should have been saved. Truly shocking defending.

Cameron reprised the role of Brooks from last November. *
by baloo88  (2017-09-01 20:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's an average CB.
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-09-01 23:32:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he would prefer to play alongside Bradley in midfield, and I think that's his better position.

Dempsey is extremely lucky that wasn't a red *
by irishlaw2010  (2017-09-01 20:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their MLS guys are better than our MLS guys
by CountyArmagh  (2017-09-01 20:39:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

US is small timey and a step below Costa Rica in class, pace and skill.

Arena out. More of our up and comers need to seek chaleenges overseas instead of settling for MLS comfort.

Wood, Pulisic, Johnson, Cameron and Ream...
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-09-01 23:12:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did not have good games, either. All around shit performance.

Turn out the liiiiiights...the party's over....
by irishlaw2010  (2017-09-01 20:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Embarrassing loss *
by DBCooper  (2017-09-01 20:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is every bit as bad as the 4-0 in San Jose. *
by baloo88  (2017-09-01 20:41:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Centerbacks are so bad it boggles the mind
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-01 20:39:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If this is the best we can throw out there in the absence of Gonzalez and Brooks, then we have no hope.

Zusi as right back is the cherry on top of the shit ice cream.

That's being kind. *
by NDBass  (2017-09-01 20:37:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What about Alitdore?
by baloo88  (2017-09-01 19:58:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he's been one of the few bright spots tonight. Bobby Wood too. Unfortunately, they're not getting many opportunities.

Ream, Cameron, and Howard were all horrible on the goal.

Pulisic has been wasteful. Bradley and Johnson have been nearly invisible. VillafaƱa has offered nothing tonight.

This team looks like a mess right now. I expected the defense to struggle, but the front six have been mostly disappointing. They're capable of much better. I'd give them another 15-20 minutes. If they don't start to look more dangerous, Dempsey has to replace one of Altidore, Wood, or Nagbe to shake things up.

Bull. Altidore sux. He's as average as they come.
by Prophetofdoom  (2017-09-01 21:13:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Defense is horrible. Midfield weak. Johnson was bad. This whole program still sucks.

He's so overrated it hurts *
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-01 20:36:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last touch from everybody has been poor. *
by NDBass  (2017-09-01 20:34:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It wouldn't appear so. *
by NDBass  (2017-09-01 19:28:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zusi, Cameron, Ream, Villafana...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-01 19:48:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you fuckin kidding me? Is that the best we can do?

The midfield has been dog shit too.

Just about everything has.
by NDBass  (2017-09-01 19:52:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it hasn't been dog shit, it's been immediately shut down by a foul or a horrible pass/shot.

Time to break the glass
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-01 19:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deuce time