The rest of the world needs to follow Germany's VAR example
by wcnitz (2017-09-19 14:59:38)

Their implementation has been stellar. It's quick, decisive and always seems to be spot on with its decisions. Doesn't interrupt the flow of matches and the feedback has been excellent overall.

MLS? Nooooot so much.

I was expecting this to be a sports math post
by fontoknow  (2017-09-20 13:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a discussion of how the Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft uses Value Above Replacement to select the national team.

You turned not into a newt *
by DakotaDomer  (2017-09-20 09:19:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaht *
by wcnitz  (2017-09-20 09:49:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

La Liga needs to implement this straight away
by KnightlyRevue  (2017-09-19 15:30:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Worst officials out of the major leagues.

Any reason to think upstairs wouldn't be corrupt too? *
by Irish Tool  (2017-09-20 14:22:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good point *
by wcnitz  (2017-09-20 14:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Laughable at times
by wcnitz  (2017-09-20 00:10:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And at times, it sure seems, corrupt. I have zero trust in any officials from Spain.

Agreed...
by iudomer  (2017-09-19 15:27:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd also card every player who was up in the ref's face when he's trying to listen about VAR.

Yep
by wcnitz  (2017-09-20 00:09:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern players were doing it today.

Let the officials do their job. I really wish FIFA would go the way of rugby and only allow the captains to have those discussions.