West Ham is Boston College to Spurs's Notre Dame
by alleghenyirish (2017-09-20 11:04:08)

I usually hate these other sports comparisons but this one is perfect.

I hate West Ham, they always seem to ruin our season, they play way better against us than anyone else and have a small club mentality and a shitty stadium. They are the English equivalent to Fredo

Don't ever compare ND to Spuds.
by Wooderson  (2017-09-24 17:21:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND won a title after TV went to Color.

Tottenham is Michigan. Always putting the pressure on.

Edit:. My bad, we won four titles in the color tv era.

Straight red card
by mitquinn  (2017-09-20 12:20:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame to EPL soccer on this board is equated to Liverpool.

This is True *
by 330morrissey  (2017-09-21 19:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You know, the timeline is really damn close.
by Montroy28  (2017-09-21 09:40:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While they've won the UCL in recent memory (and it was one hell of a match), they haven't won the league since the season that started in '89.

Indeed
by mitquinn  (2017-09-21 14:09:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just couldn't abide having Spuds placed into a circle of excellence, be it former or modern.

Its difficult to see how clubs that employ some level of financial risk management will compete for top price talent. It used to be done through advanced scouting, but the world is flat for those avenues just like any other industry.

And their trophies (bowl wins) are fewer and further between
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-09-21 09:59:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've modernized and monetized many aspects around Anfield and their fans still think they're an elite club while the world's best go to fancy places like Barcelona and Paris.

The comparisons are rather striking, to be honest.

Brendan Rogers = Kelly?
by irishaddict  (2017-09-21 19:02:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couldn't translate lower level success to the big stage, although had one fluke year where they finished second?