no sugar coating from Bedoya
by melanzana (2017-10-12 16:38:49)

Hercules Gomez made the point on his podcast before these last two games that omitting Jermaine Jones was a mistake because of the fire and intensity he brings. We sure missed that on Tuesday. And Bedoya makes these points. Glad he isn't making excuses. I always liked him off the field and most of the time on the field.

Bedoya isn't the greatest player, but he always gives
by steez_nutz  (2017-10-12 23:41:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maximum effort. I don't know if omitting Jermaine Jones was a mistake, but Fabian Johnson and Geoff Cameron probably should have been there. I don't know if there's been a mandate to select MLS guys over international players, but we'd probably be in the World Cup with better roster selections.

I read somewhere that Arena shouldn't have run out the
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-10-12 22:56:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

same crew because they were tired from travel and the last contest. Is that revisionist thinking or should Arena have known better?

Marcelo Balboa said so...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-10-13 08:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arena's decision to go with the same starting XI that beat Panama 4-0 on Friday was also a target of Balboa's criticism.

"You know what I don’t understand? When we go to Mexico, we change 10 players and we get the draw," he said. "When we go to Honduras on the road, we change 5-6 players and we tie. Today the same team started [as the one] against Panama and we lost. Why not change when it’s the biggest game? You need one point and [Arena] didn’t change anyone on the team.

Silly comments with 20/20 hindsight.
by NDMike2001  (2017-10-13 09:30:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So the argument is that he should have made changes to the team that completely dominated Panama...because they were tired? Well, except Pulisic I'm sure. Because apparently he doesn't get tired. Who else doesn't get tired? Bradley? Wood? Did Dempsey make an impact when he subbed in?

The team lost because they were ill prepared and took T&T for granted. Pure and simple. And Tim Howard simply lost it...and Guzan never had it.

He called out Tuesday's starters pretty clearly
by wcnitz  (2017-10-12 21:12:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Outside of Pulisic. "Where would we be without him?"

This team should have never had to rely on the magic of a 19 year old. I love the kid, but he just makes the problem more glaring.

He would.
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-10-12 21:32:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The players deserve a ton of blame and that's exactly what they're getting. They sucked. The mentality was awful.

But I don't think Bedoya, as a guy who didn't play in the game, needs to throw his fellow teammates under the bus. Let everyone else do that.

It's not the first time he's run his mouth. He's always rubbed me the wrong way.

And I'm under no delusions that the missing ingredient was Bedoya. Or Jones. Those guys have also been bad.