Marcelo Balboa said so...
by wiNDycityfan (2017-10-13 08:02:46)

In reply to: I read somewhere that Arena shouldn't have run out the  posted by G.K.Chesterton

Arena's decision to go with the same starting XI that beat Panama 4-0 on Friday was also a target of Balboa's criticism.

"You know what I don’t understand? When we go to Mexico, we change 10 players and we get the draw," he said. "When we go to Honduras on the road, we change 5-6 players and we tie. Today the same team started [as the one] against Panama and we lost. Why not change when it’s the biggest game? You need one point and [Arena] didn’t change anyone on the team.

Silly comments with 20/20 hindsight.
by NDMike2001  (2017-10-13 09:30:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So the argument is that he should have made changes to the team that completely dominated Panama...because they were tired? Well, except Pulisic I'm sure. Because apparently he doesn't get tired. Who else doesn't get tired? Bradley? Wood? Did Dempsey make an impact when he subbed in?

The team lost because they were ill prepared and took T&T for granted. Pure and simple. And Tim Howard simply lost it...and Guzan never had it.