Arena resigns (link)
by Cul Baire (2017-10-13 10:39:26)

Obviously, Gulati should not be allowed to replace him. *
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-10-13 11:37:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arena threw himself on the sword.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-10-13 17:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does he have the strength left to pull it out and set it up for his boss?

I am reminded of the end of "Dead Again".

Gulati already stated he's not going anywhere
by fontoknow  (2017-10-13 13:34:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and may run for re-election in Feb.

I think Gulati thinks firing Arena will placate the fans
by steelhop  (2017-10-13 14:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I think the pressure is going to build from the major stakeholders and sponsors that things will change. There is no doubt Fox and USSF is going to take a bath in givebacks to sponsors by the teams' failure to make the WC.

I think there's quite enough support to remove him in Feb
by wcnitz  (2017-10-13 14:18:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And to start removing his tendrils from US Soccer.

I fear there is not enough support
by Irishlawyer  (2017-10-13 18:14:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

too many people are making too much money with him in charge.

Lots of money just flew out the window *
by DakotaDomer  (2017-10-16 07:54:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

TSS already has a pretty good hot take out on this *
by Allumeuse  (2017-10-13 14:27:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link? *
by steez_nutz  (2017-10-13 15:51:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no idea how to link to a podcast...
by Allumeuse  (2017-10-16 11:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does anyone know?

Goddamn it *
by Allumeuse  (2017-10-13 13:56:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I doubt he's around in February. *
by skip encarnacion  (2017-10-13 13:56:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously, we should name an interim coach...
by baloo88  (2017-10-13 12:27:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And see who's available after the World Cup next year.

can we still tar and feather him?
by oggie  (2017-10-13 11:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What about Sunil? I wanted his resignation at halftime vs. T&T.

Tab Ramos in as...interim? I guess? *
by wcnitz  (2017-10-13 10:56:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is some speculation that the reason there was no
by Allumeuse  (2017-10-13 14:15:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

interim named is that he wants the job, but he doesn't want it to be "interim."

He'd be a disaster.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-10-13 19:38:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's done nothing whatsoever with the youth teams to suggest that he's qualified to continue holding those jobs, let alone manage the senior team.

Didn’t the U20s win CONCACAF recently and make World Cup
by tex29  (2017-10-16 16:41:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

quarterfinals?

I’m not sure who the USMNT thinks it can get with any significant positive senior experience, at least not until after the World Cup.

I think I’d be fine with him in the interim, assuming the plan would be to reassess his situation after the World Cup.

Gulati said there would be a coach named by nov. int break
by fontoknow  (2017-10-13 14:17:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

two friendlies, likely scheduled in Europe.

Coach may or may not be "interim".