His attitude? Why single him out?
by NDMike2001 (2017-10-13 14:22:48)
Edited on 2017-10-13 14:34:07

In reply to: Why keep him around  posted by wcnitz

Other than disagree with JK that he was a not better suited to play an advanced midfield role, I don't recall any kind of attitude issues with him. There are a hell of a lot of guys that just weren't good enough. And I certainly don't put him at the top of the list.

This isn't a Dempsey or Wondo keeping a Dom Dwyer out of the team. The midfielders just aren't good. Acosta, Arriola and Nagby were already there. None of them looked any better than Bradley. Probably worse.

Are we waiting for Hyndman and Zelalem? OK, fine, but they aren't exactly knocking the door down.

Other than having the microscope of captain, I don't see how Bradley was any more of a failure than anyone not named Pulisic...and maybe Wood.

Edit: I've never seen the kid play that plays in Germany (Schalke?). I assume that he'd be a part of the next generation. And Acosta showed some promise. I don't see much in Arriola. My point being, if Bradley earns his place, and accepts that his new role is to help make those guys better, why kick him to the curb?