At long last, the ND release
by SavageDragon (2015-01-17 15:06:10)

holy cow
by quasimodo  (2015-01-23 20:40:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been to UW volleyball games. They have been consistently a really good program. I could be wrong but I think one of their players was POY this year.

I was watching them on tv just recently thinking "why doesn't ND get a good VB coach like this".

What a coincidence.

Quasi

I played VB against him in college and have followed
by madmax  (2015-01-20 11:01:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His career. He is definitely one of the top coaches in the country and will bring ND instant credibility. I predict many NCAA appearances to follow and several deep runs in the tournament.

That should be true of every women's sport at ND.
by Bacchus  (2015-01-23 13:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The best way for female athletes to leverage their talents is to get the best education they can from their scholarship opportunity. NFL, NBA or even MLB riches do not enter their calculus. ND's value proposition should dwarf State U's. Only coaching incompetence can hold Irish women's sports back.

My daughter's vb teammate is one of the top recruits in the country in the '16 class. She's a dominant 6'4" MH fresh off of leading her catholic HS to a state championship. Her father wanted her to consider Notre Dame, but she had no interest because of the coaching situation. She has aspirations to make the Olympic team, so she has verbally committed to Minnesota. I don't know if the McLaughlin hire changes her thinking at this point (pretty hard to beat McCutcheon's pedigree), but the idea that ND wouldn't be a viable option for top recruits because of mediocre coaching in inexcusable.

The Irish should be a sleeping giant. In my experience, girls volleyball is dominated by Catholic high schools filled with players who got their start in CYO. ND recruiting should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Did you play against him when he was
by ndsdsub  (2015-01-20 13:24:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at SAMO or UCSB?

When he was a dirty Gaucho. We gored them. *
by madmax  (2015-01-20 14:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We wouldn't want to announce anything good during the week *
by DakotaDomer  (2015-01-17 16:24:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post