Anna Rohrer to ND
by JBL (2015-02-05 16:55:18)
Edited on 2015-02-05 16:58:35

According to WNDU, Anna Rohrer announced that she will be enrolling at Notre Dame next year. It's great news for the school. She's an outstanding athlete and student. Two-time Gatorade cross-country runner of the year and salutatorian in her class.

She's also the national runner of the year and will
by G.K.Chesterton  (2015-02-07 20:33:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

be joining the 2011-2012 national runner of the year.

Update: that 2012 winner just broke the ND female 5K record
by G.K.Chesterton  (2015-02-15 00:37:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

previously held by one Molly Huddle.

Indoor record, Huddle still owns the outdoor record
by jclay  (2015-02-15 22:44:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The outdoor record is about 20 second faster than what Seidel just ran.

I am surprised that ND still separates between outdoor and indoor records since USATF and IAAF no longer have separate records.

Thanks for fixing my oversight.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2015-02-17 13:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think people still track whether it's indoor or outdoor. Perhaps it's a college thing or perhaps you have more "record-breaking" performances that way. Breaking the indoor record is better than not breaking any record, if you get what I mean. Copy sells.

For example, see http://www.iaaf.org/news/news/renaud-lavillenie-pole-vault-world-record or the link below regarding the pole vault record.