What are the prospects for volleyball this year?
by Tex Francisco (2015-08-26 23:14:07)

Could they be good, or will the new coach need time to rebuild?

After today's matches they're 0-2.
by RocketShark  (2015-08-29 21:43:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jeni Houser was lost to graduation. und.com says top-setter Hanna Muzzonigro had a season-ending injury. ND's best player two seasons ago, Toni Alugbue, was out with a season-ending injury last year and elected to take her fifth year at Minnesota. Sophomore Sam Fry (daughter of Irish basketball alum Shari Matvey) was a standout last year and is a preseason All-ACC selection.

So I'd say it's another young team with some experience. They finished 12th in the ACC last year and I think I saw where they're predicted to finish 9th in the conference this year.

Update: they won today. *
by RocketShark  (2015-08-30 19:21:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another 1-2 weekend against pretty weak competition.
by SavageDragon  (2015-09-06 22:55:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like the rebuilding is definitely going to take some time.

2-1 this weekend *
by Irish72  (2015-09-13 19:12:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1-2 in the last non-conference week of the season. *
by SavageDragon  (2015-09-20 17:37:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post