Volleyball lost to Louisville 0-3. *
by leftcoastirish (2015-09-25 23:41:04)

This user did not provide content for this post

Yeah I went to the game after the pep rally, not encouraging
by closesttodome  (2015-09-30 16:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Passing was pretty horrible. The setter was forced to initiate from the 10 ft line way too often.

I saw multiple free balls where no offense was run.

They missed several serves after a timeout, which in my opinion is the absolute worst mistake in volleyball.

Louisville had fairly weak middles, but the Irish couldn't take advantage due to the lack of passing.

They kept going cross court on slides when the line was pretty wide open.

Biggest problem though is they just don't have anyone who can be an out when the play breaks down. The outsides weren't putting balls down, I think the team hit less that .100 in the final two games.

Really it was all passing though. It was high school level, and that's being generous

More importantly, how did the freshmen play, as they
by Indy77  (2015-10-17 15:28:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are more likely to be the new coach's recruits.?

Nunge and Morningstar have stood out so far. *
by RocketShark  (2015-10-18 18:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thnx, that's encouraging. This will take a few years. *
by Indy77  (2015-10-19 11:49:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post