Volleyball loses a heartbreaker in 5 sets to #8 UNC.
by SavageDragon (2016-10-14 21:19:01)

None of the first four sets were close -- ND took the first and fourth 25-18 and 25-16, while UNC took the middle two 25-19.

Despite the momentum from the 4th set, ND got down 6-1 in the 5th before coming all the way back to lead 7-6. The two teams then traded points all the way up to 13-all before UNC closed it out 15-13.

Not a bad result at all against the #8 team in the country. This only affirms that the team has made a dramatic leap forward this season.

Who produces these games?
by melanzana  (2016-10-14 22:42:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very regularly missing *entire* points on ESPN3 while watching the "Noise Meter" was beyond frustrating.

WGAS about the video board prompts for "LOUDER" and the lame "Noise Meter"? Just show the game and the players.

I noticed that too...it was annoying. Not sure who is
by Domerduck  (2016-10-14 22:50:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

responsible but they seem to use the feed for the video board at the match. I agree with your recommendation.

That's probably what it is.
by NDBass  (2016-10-15 16:33:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They used to do that for women's basketball games. I can't imagine they want to spend any more than necessary.

the nc state game which we won 3-0 today did not have it
by dbcsmith  (2016-10-16 15:07:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was very good coverage with nice crisp screen

That is sad if true
by Flanner89  (2016-10-16 13:43:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nearly all D3 schools stream their games on the Internet. They all have a feed of just the action on the court. About 2/3 of the matches I've watched even have commentators. Some have a decent knowledge of the game and add insights. Others just summarize the contacts and results.
If those low budget D3 schools can do it then ND should be able to afford it too. Heck, our local high school team streams the action using just an Android tablet. I wonder if ND thinks the scoreboard graphics add excitement for the home viewer?

That is sad if true
by Flanner89  (2016-10-16 08:07:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nearly all D3 schools stream their games on the Internet. They all have a feed of just the action on the court. About 2/3 of the matches I've watched even have commentators. Some have a decent knowledge of the game and add insights. Others just summarize the contacts and results.
If those low budget D3 schools can do it then ND should be able to afford it too. Heck, our local high school team streams the action using just an Android tablet. I wonder if ND thinks the scoreboard graphics add excitement for the home viewer?

Just watched the last set. Really tough loss. *
by Domerduck  (2016-10-14 22:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post