What's taking so long to name a new Golf coach?
by TWO (2017-06-26 09:58:33)

I could see waiting till after the NCAA tournament was finished, a lot of the candidates might still be involved. But that's been over for awhile now and no leaks of any interviews or anything.

Played with a team member a couple weeks ago in a tourney
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-07-11 10:42:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great kid, great representation of the school. Doesn't sound like the firing of Coach K was unpopular. Hope this new guy can get things back on track.

White smoke has been seen coming from the Burke.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-07-07 14:42:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

-- John Handrigan, the 2015 national assistant coach of the year, has been named head men’s golf coach at the University of Notre Dame. Handrigan brings head coaching experience and time as an associate head coach at the highest level of collegiate men’s golf to the Fighting Irish program.

On the surface it looks like a good hire.
by TWO  (2017-07-07 21:58:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While I certainly don't expect us to rival the top Southern Programs due to being in the Midwest and dealing with the weather, but still other Midwest programs have been more competitive.

At one time we rivalled them. Father Holderith
by ProV1x  (2017-07-10 08:37:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mainly recruited players from the midwest who could play under all conditions. Also if your Daddy is a legacy and belongs to a couple of top clubs on the west coast helps now.

I remember a couple of years ago I was bird dogging a very good golfer from here to the ND coaches. The kid is on the PGA Tour now. I was told by one of the coaches that "thanks, but we recruit nationally".

Illinois and Purdue made the finals this year...
by TWO  (2017-07-10 17:16:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I'd be shocked if they weren't mainly Midwestern Kids. I think Minn has had some good teams and I know Mich made the finals they year that my nephews A&M team won it all. Your comment about recruiting Midwest kids who can play in all conditions hits home. Still tough to beat out the Az,Georgia,Fla,Texas and Calif teams with the advantage of year around good weather.

Prepare to be shocked.
by gond79  (2017-07-10 19:06:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two of Illinois's six golfers are from the Midwest - one each from IL and IN. The remaining four are from CA, AZ, Italy and Belgium. Four of Purdue's nine are from the Midwest, all IN. The others are from AR, CT, Peru, Italy and Norway

Well at least they have some players from the Midwest..
by TWO  (2017-07-11 11:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

no doubt to tell the guys from sunny climates that it gets cold around here! :-)

$awbuck donning a hard hat and masons trowel to
by Indy77  (2017-07-03 21:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

finish the Monstradium on time and over budget. Much more important for his
legacy.

Baseball and golf are but rounding errors to him.

Or a new football coach or a new baseball coach?
by NDoggie78  (2017-06-28 08:48:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The AD sucks

The AD sucks. *
by NDBass  (2017-06-27 22:53:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post