Agreed.
by Porpoiseboy (2018-02-21 18:34:19)

In reply to: Winter Olympics need a pentathlon type event.  posted by Irish Tool

What's the spirit of the summer? Best all-around athlete. So I would go with:

1) Slalom
2) Cross country - 15 km
3) Speed skating - 1,500 m
4) Skeleton
5) A snowboard downhill event - timed only, no judges.

And yes it should be called the Wintathlon.

needs a beer chugging event
by cujaysfan  (2018-02-22 01:23:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i can't decide if that's advantage to the Germans or Canadians, though

Curling has that covered *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-02-25 21:57:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

+ snowball throwing events for distance and accuracy *
by SixShutouts66  (2018-02-23 12:26:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The definitive list
by DakotaDomer  (2018-02-21 23:09:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pentathalon is for wimps
Decathalon baby

Long track speed skating
Giant slalom
Figure skating
Slalom snowboard
Half pipe snowboard
Ski jump
Moguls
Cross country skiing
Luge
Skeleton

What do you think of my 2-person pentathlon? As
by Irish Tool  (2018-02-21 21:25:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the day has worn on, I've fallen in love with it. Plenty of ways to tweak the details, but I like having bobsled and curling in.

Curling would be a time sink, but if it's the last event, what high drama!

Definite merit.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-02-21 22:56:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd like to see two sliding events - bobsled and luge. I'd be fine with Wintathlon and Team Wintathlon. With all the bullshit events that currently exist adding a couple that would rule wouldn't bother me one bit.