Record pace. Anna leading-4 laps to go *
by Domerduck (2018-06-07 22:08:09)

In reply to: There she goes!!! *  posted by Domerduck

This user did not provide content for this post

30 year meet record broken-Kansas runner wins..Anna
by Domerduck  (2018-06-07 22:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rohrer ended 6th and also broke the old meet record

Ran almost all the race in lane 2
by SixShutouts66  (2018-06-08 13:28:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She didn't run on the inside except for the brief period she led. The extra distance didn't help.

Also the lead 6 runners had to weave all over the placce to pass most of the lapped runners. I thought the protocol was for runners being lapped to move to the right when being passed. At least once Anna was almost squeezed out by a lapped runner.

My tv got screamed at for that very reason
by NDoggie78  (2018-06-08 15:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've always seen the lapped runners move over. I think you should have the option of bumping them off the track like roller derby.

As you say, the 2nd lane would actually be about 10,150 meters (using lane marking, not center of lane)
If you convert her time to 10,000 meters (1st lane), it would be just under 32 minutes and would have won.

Of course the same argument could have been made for the other runners, because even the winner wasn't in the 1st lane the whole race.

She may have been better served to have moved inside either by passing or dropping back (which runs the risk of getting boxed in) - especially at that distance