To me, it doesn't suggest much ambition for or ...
by Rocksteady74 (2018-07-10 18:08:14)

In reply to: Doesn’t inspire much confidence  posted by Irish01

... commitment to the program.

Or it suggests not a ton of interest in working for Saucy
by fontoknow  (2018-07-10 20:15:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know the Stanford coach was interviewed.

I have no love for Jack, but it the money were good...
by Rocksteady74  (2018-07-11 11:33:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... I would expect the job would be attractive to a rising talent. Other than cost of living considerations (which prompted Bobby Clarke to leave Stanford for ND), I don't know why a T&F coach would leave Stanford for ND. The Stanford T&F pipeline is excellent, although the competition for championships is stiff with Oregon and USC in the conference.

They offered Miltenberg... but it was a POS package...
by ErikND96  (2018-07-13 10:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... so they're either idiots, or just not committed to the program. To think that someone would uproot family from a track/XC power in Stanford w/ great weather and move to balmy South Bend for a BS comp package - is laughable and shows either a complete lack of self awareness (arrogance) or commitment to the program.

That being said, I still donated to the Track fund - cause like almost every other ND alum/sucker out there, hope is external.

Hope is ...
by JBL  (2018-07-14 04:45:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was "external" a typo? I liked the idea a lot -- could be used in many circumstances, and of course it's possible to see how it applies to the situation ND finds itself in. Maybe better to stay with "eternal," but "external" is also appealing.

Ha - I meant eternal, but external has some angles too *
by ErikND96  (2018-07-14 12:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post