I'm not sure how streaky scoring is in volleyball.
by NDBass (2018-09-02 18:08:36)

In reply to: Lost 3-1 in a packed Purdue court: 25-22, 25-21,23-25, 25-20  posted by domerduck

But ND was up 11-7 in the first set. I don't know how that translates to Purdue controlling the match from the get go.

You may be right, but when I was watching it felt like that.
by domerduck  (2018-09-04 19:44:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From when the match started until it ended Purdue seemed to have the upper hand, or at least the answers when ND had a run and took a lead. I do believe the ND women were competitive and they are getting better, but for now they have much to do to be able to beat a top 20 team on their court. Here's my take of what I watched.

It started with the first set as Purdue got up 4-1. They were blocking Yeadon but ND countered by sending in Nunge & Bent so ND scored 3 of the next 5. Then ND subbed Niego we got up 12-7. Then Purdue called time-out and their coach adjusted splitting the next 10 points until Purdue went on a 7 point run to get up 19-17. There was a little more back and forth until Purdue won 25-22. The second set ND never got up by more than 1 point as Purdue won by 4 and ND took that third set. But that 4th set Purdue got up 7-1 and ND never got closer than 4 points to lose 25-20.

It's nice to hear other's take on this volleyball team. I am hopeful they can be more effective the next time they take on a top 20 team.