The ND men have a chance at Regionals, but ...
by Rocksteady74 (2018-10-28 23:26:38)

In reply to: Cross Country: ND Men Win ACC, Women 2nd, 1 pt out of first  posted by IrishThinClad

... it will be tough. Only the first and second place teams will advance automatically to the finals, and Wisconsin destroyed the Big 10 field today with the first, second and fourth finishers, and six in the top 20. Yes, over a quarter of the Big 10 top 20 from the same school.

But if the Irish run well, they may have a shot at an at large bid based on the pre-nats and ACC showing, even if they don't finish second.

The men qualified....finishing second behind Wisconsin
by crazychester  (2018-11-09 14:46:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Women did not.....came in 4th. Anna Rorer was second overall.

Women earned an At-Large bid. *
by IrishThinclad  (2018-11-11 11:20:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Impressive run by Nuguse, finishing third and only ...
by Rocksteady74  (2018-11-09 16:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... two seconds back.

It looks to me that Wisconsin held back slightly as individuals, making sure they pulled a core of scorers in to ensure qualification. McDonald and Hoare have nothing to prove until they hit Nationals, but Wisconsin's Hacker answered his doubters by hanging with the other two.

I also noted that Stanford's and Oregon's men didn't earn an AQ, with Portland and Washington taking those spots.

Thanks
by legacy  (2018-11-09 19:42:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the report. Do you know if there's a video of the races anywhere online?

I think a pay site called FloTrack shows them on the web ...
by Rocksteady74  (2018-11-09 20:10:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... live. I don't know whether they have archived video. FloTrack will be showing the finals live - see link below.