10K tonite-starting gun 9:38 PM Go Anna, Jacqueline & Maddy
by Domerduck (2019-06-06 15:24:33)

Anna should be one of the favorites with Stoner from Syracuse having the fastest time this season, but she has been behind the top 2 ND runners their last two big races (ACC champ & East regionals). The 2 New Mexico girls are only a few seconds slower for the best season times. 6 other qualifiers have sub 33 minute times this season. Still Anna and Erin Finn of Michigan are the only only two with personal bests at sub 32 minutes.

Attached is the starting list for the 24 women including their season and personal bests. Should be a fun one, Hope we bring home some hardware.

Unfortunately, Anna 6th and Maddy 8th
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-07 00:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still awesome effort
Erratic pace, Anna had to go out front most of the race.
A lot of positive ND talk from announcers though.

Maddy was 19th, That was an ESPN mistake. She was lapped.
by Domerduck  (2019-06-07 08:03:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with you about uneven pace which turned it into a tactical race that ultimately favored Kelati from New Mexico, since she had a teammate who was able tp stay near the front with her and Anna for two third of the race. Anna tried to control the pace and took the lead often until Kelati made her burst ahead with about 7 laps to go. Anna fell back while others tried to run the leader down. The Oregon girl from Spain almost did and ended in 2nd.

I was surprised ro see the ESPN final list say Maddy get 8th since I never saw her in the lead pack and saw runners pass her on TV. It was unfortunate that the two ND freshman couldn't help Anna as Jacqueline also struggled and had a DNF.

One good note ND's other senior Jessica Harris ran a good prelim race (5th overall) to qualify for Saturday's final at 6:41 p.m. Nuguse runs today in the men's 1500 final .

I thought the outdoors championships were always
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-06-07 13:10:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Eugene. I am obviously wrong but didn't they always used to be in Eugene?

Oregon's Hayward field is getting an extensive remodel.
by Domerduck  (2019-06-07 20:07:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will be the most modern track in the country and I am sure will get the NCAAs back when it's done. They are gearing up to not only continue to have the Olympic trials but in getting a Track and Field World Championship in Eugene.

They're in Austin this year and next *
by knutesteen  (2019-06-07 13:53:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks - I thought she must have made a helluva a run
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-07 08:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what I get for relying on ESPN commentators & graphics. And of course you only see the leaders and they don't show everyone cross the finish.

But the rest of the country thinks she finished 8th