Jessica gets 3rd for the 1500. Nice showing.
by Domerduck (2019-06-08 19:38:51)

My flight just landed so I haven't watched yet. Time I saw was 4:11.

She made a bold effort, ran her best time of the season,
by MPG  (2019-06-09 08:59:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and finished third behind the defending champ and one other runner. Jessica had a strong finish to an outstanding middle distance career.

Saw the race. She was exceptional controlling the pace by
by Domerduck  (2019-06-09 15:33:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

taking the lead with two laps to go and forced a fast, honest pace with only 3 other runners going with her. The BYU girl who had taken the lead early ended up falling back and Jessica held the lead until Hull passed her the last turn. Ok State's Shephard passed at the end with the second fastest 1500 in the NCAAs and defending champ Oregon's Hull also was very fast to get 2nd.

Much like Nuguse who ran a brilliant race controlling the pace to his advantage for the 1500 championship, Jessica did as well getting the best result for her and ND, getting a top 3 finish. Great 1500 results for the ND team.