It's not clear what argument the author was making.
by No Right Turn on Red (2019-10-25 16:45:59)

In reply to: Even Martina Navratilova understands the advantage of  posted by G.K.Chesterton

Probably because the article was so poorly written/researched.

I think there's good debate to be had on transgender participation in athletics. I know there's been quite a lot on NDNation already. Should participation be allowed at all, and if so, what parameters should be put in place to best level the playing field? Whether it's testosterone level testing, hormone suppression, surgical intervention, etc., each method comes with its own set of pros and cons. If you think transgender participation should be allowed, I would not let perfect be the enemy of good. Sports organizations will still need to decide whether to error on the side of inclusiveness or fair play (which might not be the best phrase to use there).

For now at least, if an organization permits transgender participation, and the athlete meets all requirements to be eligible to compete, then I think that athlete should be able to receive any award or accolade that comes with it.

The author wasn't making an argument about the advantages a male has over a female athlete. Rather, the author erroneously implied that Montana was trying to hide something (they weren't) and that it's possible that Eastwood gamed the system during hormone suppression therapy by potentially not taking the meds or flushing them (there is no evidence of that claim). In my original post, I wasn't trying to argue one side or the other of the biological debate or fair play. I certainly wouldn't use that article if I wanted to make an argument one way or the other.