Recruiting hasn't changed much
by nannywarth (2020-09-19 11:07:52)

In reply to: Excellent insight, tons of detail, thanks very much! If you  posted by fortune_smith

With so many different resources available (Strava, video, etc..) most of the athletes I recruit can still send me plenty of information on their performances. Whether they are done at a meet, time trial, or practice setting (jumps, throws) there is plenty of information available. Athletes need to be a little more pro-active in getting their information out to coaches.

I'm actually doing a lot of recruiting via Zoom and my feeling is that the athletes can actually get MORE information from coaches and college athletes that way than they could in the old "in person" recruiting method. Probably the biggest issue at D1 and D2 is getting a feel for how many scholarships you might have available as athletes decide whether to stay or not. What I am hearing from the NCAA is that they may "grandfather" some current scholarships and not count them against your limit. Schools would then have to decide if they wanted to offer the extra scholarships that might result for one or two years. The delay from the NCAA on this is their effort to find out how many athletes it might affect and whether it is worth it.

NY state cross country is the best for women but about middle of the pack for men right now.

Replies: