Irish volleyball swept 14th ranked L’ville at L’ville today. *
by 2Domer (2020-09-25 16:18:50)

This user did not provide content for this post

UND.com
by 65Domer  (2020-09-25 22:53:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

shows tomorrow's game has been cancelled. Any confirmation?

Louisville Composite Sports Schedule Has "Postponed"
by dillon77  (2020-09-26 08:47:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing on their twitter or V-Ball home pages.

Hmm? Some tests come back questionable?

Here's the update: Covid related (link)
by okerland  (2020-09-27 20:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Release Seems Pretty Definitive ...
by dillon77  (2020-09-28 11:48:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..that the Irish took all precautions leading up to this match.
And the fact that they stated their next match is on -- this weekend -- indicates Irish Athletic Department is pretty certain the Irish will pass this week's round of tests.

I'll be keeping track of this upcoming match and what comes out of Louisville on their next steps. BTW, note the Louisville match is not rescheduled as of this moment.

I'm interested to learn what happened in those 24 hours
by okerland  (2020-09-28 14:52:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Irish and Cards played a match after we assumed all tested negative bu 24 hours later they couldn't play again.

Did one of the officials show up to the match Covid +, staff member?

Face masks
by abqirish  (2020-09-27 19:57:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A lot of good wearing face masks did while playing. What a stupid idea.

There Was a Friday Match Played & Saturday One Called Off...
by dillon77  (2020-09-28 11:54:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...according to most explanations I found on the web, COVID infections take at least two days to show up. So, whomever tested positive picked up their symptoms before the Friday match. Who knows what situation those folks were in when they picked up the germs.

As for whether the face masks helped or hindered during the match, best indication would probably be this week to see if anyone from either team tested positive. Stay tuned.

BTW, here's the explanation from WEB MD:

"Symptoms for COVID-19 can start as early as 2 days and as long as 14 days after you are exposed. Research shows that the average time symptoms appear is around 4 to 5 days. For many people, these symptoms initially are mild and then worsen over a few days."

Still says postponed, ESPN/ACCN doesn't have it. Just ND
by Domerduck  (2020-09-26 15:51:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

men's soccer a 1pm my time. Don't know why they would make that up and have to make another trip to L'ville. I'd make them come to ND if they want a second match.

Here's some detail and a link to the Story, Highlights
by dillon77  (2020-09-25 18:32:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, I initially posted this on McGraw's Bench because we Benchers are all anxious for some action on court!

Here are the scores. A sweep, but close sets.
27-25, 25-22, 26-24.

Total Points were close: 56-53.
Louisville actually had a few more kills, assist and digs.

However, ND had 5 more aces and that's how many freshman Hattie Monson had in her first collegiate match, along with 20 digs.

ND has three very good frosh recruits: Monson, 6'2" outside hitter Aubrey Hamilton (didn't her mom play hoops at ND?) and 6'4" inside hitter Lindsey Muller. All made contributions.

And 2019 first team All Stars Charley Niego and Zoe Nunez are back.

Good win.

Thanks to MPG for keeping us up on volleyball the last few years. I play beach volleyball (except this year) and appreciate the indoor game, too.

BTW, both teams wore masks (see video on link).

Yes, Aubrey Hamilton is the daughter of Heidi Bunek, the top
by MPG  (2020-09-25 19:38:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

post player for ND in the late '80s. From what I saw of the match (about 2/3s of it), the three freshmen you mentioned were outstanding. Hamilton and Miller added some badly needed height and skill to the frontline and Monson is an outstanding libero.

L'Ville beat ND twice last season and made it to the elite eight in the NCAA tourney.

With no football, just watched VB replay instead. It seemed
by Domerduck  (2020-09-26 15:26:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that the two teams were evenly matched, but ND had more fight. The big deal was when they were down by 7 several times in the first set to fight to get it closer. Still they were down 24-21 in that first set so fought off 3 set points to even get ahead 25-24. L'ville could only fend off 1 set point before ND pulled out the win.

The second set ND seemed to control but when L'ville got close ND put them away with their 1st set point. Third set was Irish early, then L
ville brought it back to eventually get up by 21-18. Stiil the Irish fought back and got their 1st match point 24-23 which L'ville fought off.
The second match point proved the winner. Great victory for the Irish.