Can someone explain to me as if I were a five year old
by beancounter (2021-03-15 22:33:33)

In reply to: Irish men claim silver at NCAA XC championship  posted by fortune_smith

(though a bright one) what the various track and cross country seasons are? I remember planning to go to some kind of regional final in Lexington last spring before it was cancelled, but I’m no longer sure which it would have been.

Most years the xc championships would have been ...
by Rocksteady74  (2021-03-15 23:15:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... run in November 2020. They were delayed until now due to COVID. The indoor track championships were completed this past weekend, which forced some teams to make a decision. For example, the Oregon men probably would have contended for a top five XC finish if they had focused on it, but they decided to go all in for the indoor crown (which they won).

The outdoor season will now begin, and probably finish late May/early June.

Indoor professional track was run over the winter. Outdoor pro track will be run in Europe and (this year) the US through the summer and early fall.

Thanks. *
by beancounter  (2021-03-15 23:37:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post