2nd Round starting. Lindsey Miller still out for Covid. *
by Domerduck (2021-04-15 12:09:52)

This user did not provide content for this post

Wierd. Both teams wearing masks. Yesterday no masks against
by Domerduck  (2021-04-15 12:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Army. I know one match was cancelled yesterday as Rice had to forfeit for Covid.

As for this match ND started strong up 3-1, but the Ducks got the next 7. As I watch now Oregon 12-ND 5.

Not good start 25-17. 16 kills by Oregon in 1st set. Their
by Domerduck  (2021-04-15 12:41:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tall front line is making a difference. Only help ND is getting is the Duck's 5 service errors in the 1st set.

Fighting Irish fighting back, now up 10-8 in 2nd set. *
by Domerduck  (2021-04-15 12:43:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tough 2nd set loss. 25-22. ND played very well and got up
by Domerduck  (2021-04-15 13:31:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

19-17 before the Ducks ran off 6 straight to be up 23-19. ND fought back with some incredible rallies to get to down 1 23-22, but after a service error by ND the Ducks got the set point. Niego and Hamilton have been awesome. Coach Johnson even extended an Oregon timeout to keep Niego serving in the game as she needed her ankle retaped. Wenzel, Mueth, Hannah T, and Zoe with her assists/digs have all played very well. Ducks just seem to have too many horses. Brooke Nuneveller is a tremendous all around player with 9 kills and 16 digs. Then you have 6'3" Lewis who has 11 kills hitting at an incredible .688, 6'4" Bacon has 7 kills at .500, and 6'4" Borup with 5 kills and 10 digs. ND is certainly missing 6'4" Miller.

Final set 25-13 for the Duck sweep. Still nice season for ND *
by Domerduck  (2021-04-15 13:45:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't know if Lindsey Miller would have made a difference
by NDoggie78  (2021-04-16 09:01:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I sure would have liked to have seen us at full strength.
We did not look good against Army at the beginning - receiving and passing was off and Zoe's setting seemed a little wayward as well - so we were not in our best form going in.
Looking to the future, the only seniors are Hannah Thompson and Monroe Olsen and I'm assuming with the Covid year they could come back. Also hope Paris Thompson will play next year, too

Anyone know what recruiting looks like in these Covid times?