LetsRun review of Molly’s Bronze
by jclay (2021-08-06 22:55:32)

She has now broken both “Foot Locker Curses” (winning an Olympic Medal and women’s NCAA title)

Molly went to a very small HS 20-30 minutes from our house.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-08-07 00:39:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two of our daughters ran against her at XC sectionals in Division 3 back in the day. I recall being at one of those sectionals where, in the back half of the race at the UW-Parkside course, Molly ran by me in the woods, and then 1-2 *minutes* later came the second runner. She was just so dominant.

For all she has been through, we're very happy for her. I don't know the family but know someone who does and they seem to be good folks.

Thank you for posting this link My wife is out of town and didn't get to see the race, but she's reading this article tonight.

Thx for sharing. Great article wonderful takes & perspective
by Domerduck  (2021-08-07 00:32:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My favorite part was the discussion of the 3 American Marathon medalists: "The two previous American women to medal in the Olympic marathon are both on the Mount Rushmore of American distance running: Joan Benoit Samuelson and Deena Kastor. When both women earned their American records, it was far from a shock as they entered their Olympic medal races as the American record holder. Molly Seidel? Not so much. She entered as a huge underdog and was +6000 to win on one betting site. Now that she’s medalled, one must wonder if Seidel could one day join Samuelson and Kastor on the Mt. Rushmore of American marathoning."

Let's hope. Congrats to Molly.

Like Insight Into Her Strategy, Perspective & Character.
by dillon77  (2021-08-07 08:04:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was always impressed with her at ND and continue to do so.
Matt Sparks, her coach at ND, must be beaming.