Volleyball serving and return of serve
by 65Domer (2021-09-05 12:04:36)

Coach Johnson needs to look at the problems ND is having with the service game compared to their opponents.

Our service errors seem to be a significant contribution to the lack of success so far this season. Some of our players seem to be trying to do more than their skill set allows. Our opponents have hit more aces than we have.

Serve and receive stats
by Flanner89  (2021-09-22 15:10:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't watched ND play yet this year, so your post got me curious. I looked at the team stats. As of today, the team has 78 service errors against only 48 aces. I've kept stats for high school, club, and DIII matches over the years and ideally like to see more aces than service errors, so ND's stats seem like a red flag. However, ND's opponents have 80 service errors against us and only 54 aces. In summary, ND's serving is on par with that of our opponents after the first 10 matches.

They've lost 3 in a row with most everyone back from 2020
by NDoggie78  (2021-09-07 09:42:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Added a top freshman setter and a transfer middle blocker to very good team last year, so you would think starting out #20 was deserved. Losing to #16 WKU understandable in first match - although would have hoped not in straight sets - but just haven't looked good in the next few and now 2-4.

Against Cincy, up 24-18 and end up losing the 1st of 5 sets 34-32. Let's hope they can turn things around. We have Arizona, Texas (#1), and Ohio State (#4) before ACC schedule begins - so it's not going to get easier