A Few Volleyball Notes
by MPG (2021-12-28 14:06:39)
Edited on 2021-12-28 14:07:34

According to posters on Volley Talk, ND has been interviewing candidates for the head coaching position. One poster stated that ND has a primary target, but no one has mentioned the names of any potential candidates.

Iowa has just announced the hiring of Tulane's head coach to fill their vacancy. The big news is that Penn State's head coach, Russ Rose, has retired after 43 seasons and 7 national titles. PSU should have its pick of successful coaches to replace him.

ND had better move quickly because the current roster is shrinking and the new coach will need to do some roster building. Mueth has gone home to TAMU, Hamilton to Marquette, and Miller to USC. Monson and Lockwood are reportedly still in the portal while Bent, Niego, and Nunez are supposedly exploring grad transfer options.

Gonzaga has named Katie Wilson, ND associate head coach,
by MPG  (2021-12-29 14:21:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as their new head coach. The linked announcement even has a Jack Swarbrick quote...

Katie arrived at ND with Jim McLaughlin and seemed to be a good coach, although I am not well-qualified to judge volleyball coaching.

I'm probably totally out of touch, but I would
by Tex Francisco  (2021-12-28 19:14:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

quit playing volleyball before I would leave ND for TAMU or Marquette. That just doesn't seem like a wise, 40-year decision.