Im gonna jinx us and call it as ND National Champions
by Radi-skull (2022-03-27 10:29:42)
Edited on 2022-03-27 10:32:39

In reply to: After 4th of Foil we are set to gain 2 pts on Harvard.  posted by Radi-skull

4th round of epee not finalized but ND will net 0 at worst

ND with 5 pts and harvard and prinecton can only get 5 in the round at most with their remaining fencers

So with 24 bouts remaining ND should have at least an 18 pt lead on Columbia and 19 on Harvard.

Any combination of 7 from our wins and Columbia's loses will keep us out of reach

Edit: Magic # down to 4.

ND already has 3 pts in the last round of Saber. Columbiab has not lost but Harvard has lost two.

ND now has insurmountable lead
by Radi-skull  (2022-03-27 10:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Based on epee 4th round and current progress through 5th round of Saber and Foil.

Still possible for 1 individual Epee (Candreva) but not probable.

Sounds great. Thanks for the updates. Are you at the event? *
by Domerduck  (2022-03-27 12:14:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sadly no, i have just been following the scores online *
by Radi-skull  (2022-03-27 12:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN doesn't start showing any men's until an hour from now.
by Domerduck  (2022-03-27 12:35:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watching Friday with the women was fun with each weapon championships but with no announcers I couldn't figure out team scoring. The link seemed to help with individual scores and results, but I couldn't figure out team points. I'm glad you figured it out and I'm glad ND will get another National Championship. After yesterday's disappointments in WBB and hockey, it'sgreat to know we can rely on ND fencing.

Congrats ND Fencing! *
by irishnyer  (2022-03-27 11:23:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post