I was there. It was crap. Crowd was pissed. Watched the
by Domerduck (2022-07-19 22:07:03)

In reply to: Not sure what to make of the Devon Allen DQ.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

replay when I got home and it still made no sense.

Are you going to many more of the remaining sessions?
by fortune_smith (click here to email the poster)  (2022-07-21 12:32:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife, daughter and I are coming Friday night, both sessions Saturday and Sunday night.

Our fourth now has a work conflict, so we have a spare for each session.

(Edit: email added)

How is the new Stadium
by trout  (2022-07-20 17:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks awesome.

Curious about the watching experience for the different events such as the throws and jumps.

It's incredible. Done well for both track and field events.
by Domerduck  (2022-07-21 16:26:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Big screens are inredible so you can see replays and live action anywhere from most seats. They seem to show the same shots as the Peacock feed which has British announcers, not the US NBC feeds. They also show local cameras like for Duck games. They also have luxury boxes and TVs all over the place like all top notch stadiums.

Most seats are plush except the aluminum bleacher bench seats at the turns. Lot's of Oregon track heroes being highlighted starting with Bowerman and even reference in the very nice bathrooms showing bib tags in the tiles. THe concessions are called Ashton's Eatin's and English Gardens which are takeoffs two of the most famous Oregon OLympians.

Well worth Phil's $200M, considering how much he has.

Thanks for the report
by trout  (2022-07-21 17:43:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope to get there someday for an event.

I'd love to go there sometime for the NCAA Outdoors. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-07-21 16:14:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post