another 110HH runner
by PA_Irishfan (2022-07-26 08:53:35)

In reply to: Former 110HH runner here  posted by TMCT

I also ran the HH, but back when you used to get 2 false starts (on the second one you'd be disqualified) and a lot of people used to try to beat the gun on the first one.

I don't remember many false starts in 110HH
by TMCT  (2022-07-27 09:42:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I ran the 100m as well and people tried to jump that gun all of the time - it was definitely a problem.

The 110HH I only remember one double false start b/c it was a 3-way meet and both A runners from the other schools jumped, but since it was a tie the starter let them both back in. But since we were facing both schools individually it boned me, as both should have been tossed in their head-to-head vs me.

false starts
by PA_Irishfan  (2022-07-27 10:04:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back in the 70s, you got one false start without being disqualified. So everyone tried to 'steal' the start. On the second one you were disqualified.
Later on, meets were taking too long so they decided to only have the one false start and you were kicked out.

That's what we saw in Wisconsin track at state,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-07-27 16:13:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

especially in the 100m.