ND..the fencing school which also has a football program *
by thethinman (2023-03-27 14:55:51)

This user did not provide content for this post

Does anyone have ideas how team will be next year?
by SixShutouts66  (2023-03-27 15:23:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seemed to me (casual observer) that in a number of events we had a top-5 fencer and one who fell in the middle of the pack (I say this with all the respect I have for getting to this level). I know Kara Lindor will be gone and perhaps other type fencers. I wonder if we'll have enough firepower for next year

Based only on the listed class here are the 12 in the NCAA
by NDoggie78  (2023-03-27 16:03:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Men - Sabre
Linder - Junior
Smith - Grad

Men - Foil
Olivares - Sr
Emmer - Fr

Men - Epee
Osman-Tousan - Fr
Hamilton-Meikle - Fr

Women - Sabre
Linder - Grad
Greenbaum - Jr

Women - Foil
Berthier - Sr
Candescu - So

Women - Epee
Muhari - Fr
Hsieh - Jr

Don't know about redshirt years or Covid years, but 2 grad students and 2 Senior are the only ones of the 12 that may not have eligibility left. Don't know about injuries or other reasons a top fencer on the team may not have competed in the NCAAs.

Just by eligibility (and assuming they return to ND), we should be a favorite next year. And if the grad students and seniors from those 12 have eligibility remaining we should be quite optimistic.
Added unknown - recruits in the next years freshman class

It's an Olympic year
by lavieenor  (2023-04-01 11:08:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The other issue is that it is an Olympic year, so several fencers will take the year off to go "all in" to make the Olympics next year. This includes fencers for other countries, not just the US.

Incoming frosh look good as usual *
by Doggie  (2023-03-28 00:01:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's a link to the info about the 2023 fencing recruits. (link)
by MPG  (2023-03-28 11:04:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know little to nothing about fencing or the team, but
by BabaGhanouj  (2023-03-30 21:33:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was under the impression that ND recruited a lot of international students. This looks like a solid class. Am I wrong about recruiting many international students?

In this century there have been a number of outstanding
by MPG  (2023-03-31 14:27:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

international fencers coming to ND, along with some top Americans who have become US Olympians. In addition, there have been other Americans who have provided good depth to the squad. Overall, a steady flow of top talent and by all accounts a good team spirit in a very individual sport.