Thx. ESPN Now Regularly Broadcasting VB Matches ...
by dillon77 (2023-09-21 16:20:02)

In reply to: Volleyball Notes from the Pre-Conference Matches  posted by MPG

...with absolutely packed houses (watchout hoops) and one hopes ND's trajectory can move upwards.

Swarbrick made one of hib better hires with Jim McLaughlin, who had the Irish on the right track with his recruiting and coaching. Heck, even after he retired with the back issue, Mike Johnson kept those recruits going, then blam! He's gone and team's gone. And that silence is probably of a legal variety because no one"s talking>

So with all that said, Coach Rockwell seems to be getting what she has playing as well as can be expected and trying to get recruits to consider her and Notre Dame.

Hopefully, ESPN has a long-term commitment to volleyball and ND can start to climb the rungs of the ACC ladder en route to being shown on TV someday.

All of ND matces are on ACCNX and sometimes ACCN
by DBCSMITH  (2023-09-23 07:39:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was on accnx - I watched the last set

Watching that Pitt/Oregon match in front of a packed Pitt
by Domerduck  (2023-09-21 17:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

crowd was awesome and on ESPN. I plan to take a few Oregon or Oregon State Vball matches live this year in our last PAC12 season.

I agree ESPN is pushing their SEC and ACC brands including ND as they lose all the Big 10 schools and the 4 PAC12 schools going to the Big 10. Stanford will also start getting highlighted. They seem to keep the Big12 on their streaming pay ESPN+ network but have to show cable content on ACCN and SECN along with their primary channels.