Damn, VT was pretty good today.
by chicos bail bonds (2019-01-01 15:22:13)
Edited on 2019-01-01 15:22:24

I liked the fight in this team today, especially on the road. The challenge is going to be whether we can sustain this fight if the season goes downhill. I think we will continue to get better. VT shot incredibly well and spaced the floor. In some ways, they remind me a bit of ND in that they are going 4 around 1 with very good spacing. They can shoot and they have a guy inside that can score at times. I thought Cornette was smoking something in suggesting he likes them to win the ACC but after watching that, I don't think it's that unreasonable to think they could. They are very experienced, can shoot the ball, and they get out and defend.

The only other comment I have on today's game - if the guy who hit the 3 at the buzzer has eligibility left and we play them again.....I would figure out a way to make certain his gut felt something the next time he goes up for a similar shot. One thing I know about Mike Brey - he would never ever have a player show off some dribbling techniques and then hoist up a three up by 13 in the last 30 seconds of the game.

VT was good today because Buzz can recruit athletes that can
by pjnuge  (2019-01-01 20:46:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

play. VT will be a force in ACC going forward. I doubt ND will.

What a horrid take *
by alleghenyirish  (2019-01-02 12:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only horrid if you look at the relative status of the 2 team
by Pjnuge  (2019-01-04 11:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sconce ND won the ACC #10 vs ACC also ran

And somehow you got worse, much worse.
by Marine Domer  (2019-01-05 01:00:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was your post an attempt at a sentence?

Buzz is doing a solid job. VT will be top half of ACC...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-01-01 23:23:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As long as he stays there.

VT's top 5 scorers are
by Ajax  (2019-01-01 21:06:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a soph who is projected to be a first round draft pick and 4 seniors.

Williams is an excellent coach, but VT will take a major step down next season, especially if the soph leaves.

FWIW Buzz has a 5th senior that is currently suspended. Have no idea if he will play this season or next.

We won the league 3 and a half years ago
by NGIrish09  (2019-01-01 21:05:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Relax man.

And almost won a year and a half ago *
by XNDX  (2019-01-01 22:48:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meh...the last shot was annoying but...
by pmoose  (2019-01-01 20:18:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...not really anything to get upset about... he took a shot at the end of the shot clock to avoid a shot clock violation. Sure, Brey has demonstrated that he directs his players to take a shot clock violation in that situation, but he is the exception, not the norm.

Agree
by Shamrock4one  (2019-01-01 15:32:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There were alot of good signs today...Laz and Gibbs shooting well,rebounding was good,alot of fight and hustle even as shorthanded as we were.However we have no chance if Hubb continues to shoot threes.He should be driving and looking to finish near the rim or finding open shooters.Leadership seems to be an issue as well not sure Mooney or Gibbs are ready for that role sans Rex.