I usually find people's criticisms of Brey terrible,
by bleedsgreen04 (2019-01-05 13:51:40)
Edited on 2019-01-05 13:52:00

but this just might be the worst coaching job I've seen by Brey. Syracuse had 2 bigs fouled out with 6 minutes left in the game and the Irish still failed to attack the inside. Either they weren't taught how to properly attack the zone, or it wasn't emphasized enough in the game, just awful.

When you are attacking a zone of the caliber
by chicos bail bonds  (2019-01-05 13:59:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of Syracuse, it's pretty tough to be successful when everyone other than Gibbs on the perimeter has never seen anything like it. You can teach and coach all you want but plenty of experienced teams have struggled with their length. It's just not that easy.

Hence Syracuse’s deep tournament runs after barely making
by beancounter  (2019-01-05 14:46:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the tournament.

If Cuse had Mooney & Durham
by Ajax  (2019-01-05 13:57:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they would likely be undefeated.

So would we with Battle & Hughes *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-01-05 14:40:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Battle and Hughes are averaging 33 ppg
by Ajax  (2019-01-05 14:48:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mooney and Durham are around 19 ppg.

My point was how anemic the Cuse bigs are offensively.

If Brey had Hughes, he'd probably play him less than Hubb.

Hughes had a career game.
by rsmith18  (2019-01-05 14:43:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll never make 6 threes again. He shoots 35% on the year and made 6-13. Credit to him for doing so. Battle is pretty good but awfully inconsistent.

There is a reason players always have career games against
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-01-05 14:54:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND.

You heard it here first
by Ajax  (2019-01-05 14:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hughes has potentially 90 more games at Cuse, but will never again make 6 treys in a game.

You really need to take a break.

I meant he won’t ever do that again this season.
by rsmith18  (2019-01-05 15:06:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry for not clarifying, bud. Or at least it’s very very unlikely... It had to do with ND’s soft zone defense but he shot under 30% at ECU and came into today shooting 35% from three. Some of the shots he made were very tough ones too and credit to him.

He’s a redshirt sophomore. Not sure how he would have potentially 90 more games at Cuse either but ok.

I don’t think you realize how difficult it is to make 6 threes in a game... Gibbs is around a career 37% 3PT shooter and today was his career high with 6.

Time to take a break in trolling me just because I’m more optimistic on this team than you are.

You are a piece of work
by Ajax  (2019-01-05 17:58:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with regards to your half baked and revisionist comments.

"He’s a redshirt sophomore. Not sure how he would have potentially 90 more games at Cuse either but ok".

But ok?

Cuse is playing on average 35 games per season. They are currently 10-4. Hughes has slightly over 2.5 seasons of eligibility left.

Do the math chief.

Thanks for your generous response.
by rsmith18  (2019-01-05 18:11:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure how i'm a piece of work with "Revisionist comments". Nothing has been revisionist actually. I clarified that he won't make 6 threes again this season and stated how difficult it is to make 6 a game, especially as a 35% 3PT shooter. Kudos to him for playing so well today.

Didn't know someone could get so upset by another poster saying a guy on an opposing team has a career night. Yes, ND's defense wasn't great but Hughes also made a ton of tough shots and played the best he has all year.

If you don't like someone being more optimistic about ND basketball and the future than you are, that's fine. I think this team will continue to improve believe it or not. Shocking, I know, a team full of underclassmen and 3 freshman playing big minutes will get better with more experience. That doesn't mean you have to have a contrary opinion on almost everything I say lol.

Really?
by Ajax  (2019-01-05 18:27:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you first said he will never make 6 treys in a game again, than you changed it to this season and then you removed that comment.

Yeah silly me for thinking those are revisionist comments.

BTW show me a post where I don't like someone being more optimistic about ND basketball and the future (particularly next season).

When did I remove that comment?
by rsmith18  (2019-01-05 18:34:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I clarified that he won't make 6 threes again this season and never wavered from that. I wouldn't make a prediction on someone's career who is a sophomore right now which is why I clarified it to saying he won't make 6 threes again this year. I could be wrong but that's very, very unlikely given who the player is.

"than you changed it to this season and then you removed that comment. "

Uhh, I never removed that comment, pal.

my bad, you are correct
by Ajax  (2019-01-05 18:50:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you did not remove that REVISION.