Jaden Ivey article from SBT (link)
by MPG (2019-01-09 22:43:52)

I'd be surprised
by crazymary  (2019-01-11 11:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

like really surprised based on what I've heard going back to late summer/early fall if he doesn't go to Notre Dame or Ohio State. I'm sure Noie will get on it in his next big recruiting piece as there's a very tight relationship with Ohio State women's coach Kevin McGuff. (Former ND assistant while Niele was in school is like a father-type for Jaden if he decides to leave Michiana area for school). All that is of course assuming the schools don't end up with a better option at his position for 2020. He's definitely improving and had some impressive shooting displays this summer but it should be noted he isn't exactly playing anywhere near top-notch competition in the NIC at 3A Marian. It's weak competition nightly and will certainly hurt his ability to develop and improve.

I do like his game considerably more than fellow 2020 Trey Galloway though. I'm not even sure he's really a high-major at this point, just hasn't progressed enough yet.

I think he's already a high major
by SB Jimbo  (2019-01-12 09:52:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with you on the level of competition Marian's played, but from what I've seen his game has skyrocketed since this Summer to where he's definitely in the high major class.

Last night Marian lost their 1st game to ranked 11-2 4A Riley 76-64. In defeat Jaden had 27 points. I just saw the highlights, but as in most other games it appeared he could take the game over whenever he chose.

Sorry, I likely wasn't clear, I was referencing Galloway
by crazymary  (2019-01-12 10:29:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from CMA as not being high-major kid at this time. He just hasn't progressed enough to match the early projections/offers on his game.

Ivey is a high-major kid just not as a top-option or two in a good programs's specific recruiting class as of today for a Notre Dame or Ohio State type program. As of today. But shooting translates and he seems to be getting more consistent.

I went to a few northern IN HS games while I was traveling through Indiana and Ohio. As you're fully aware, NIC and NLC basketball is a train wreck. The difference in talent at La lumiere with Brooks and Stewart (who apparently may end up at UW) and overall top-to-bottom is astounding. And there were about 52 people in the stands, just way different from when I was growing up in the area. The talent on the floor was noticeably absent even compared to the two-games I went to in the Indy/Danville area.

Got it, agree on Galloway. *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-01-12 10:41:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How would you compare him to Jackson? *
by scottie  (2019-01-12 00:01:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here are his stats
by Ajax  (2019-01-12 01:40:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marian lost their first game tonight at 11-2 Riley.

He'd be so much better off to attend LaLumiere
by Ajax  (2019-01-11 17:18:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of course, it would then be a given for him not to attend ND.

If Brey can't get this young man... *
by NDMike2001  (2019-01-10 09:38:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, yes and no
by HTownND  (2019-01-10 12:09:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sometimes kids do actually want to forge their own path

And some want to go to school away from home. *
by Kayo  (2019-01-10 18:51:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes and yes. *
by 84david  (2019-01-11 08:08:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably what they told mom about Skyler. *
by NDMike2001  (2019-01-10 19:06:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He can forge his own path...
by DawsonMayes871  (2019-01-10 12:46:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...from South Bend to the Final Four wearing blue and gold (and black when the mood strikes).

Also, wasn't aware Niele Ivey and Javin Hunter had a kid. No surprise whatsoever their son is a stud athlete.

Don't get me wrong
by HTownND  (2019-01-10 14:57:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I want to see this kid playing at ND.

But at the same time, if he wants to do something different from his parents, I get that too.

I know...
by DawsonMayes871  (2019-01-10 23:04:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid...but for the love of god, come on home Jaden.

No kidding *
by garbageplate  (2019-01-10 09:55:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post