Nations #1 and #6 rebounders are grad transfers
by Ajax (2020-03-14 21:09:44)

Kevin Marfo Quinnipiac
EJ Anosike Sacred Heart

Agree that the 20-21 Irish need a grad transfer or two
by Irishdog80  (2020-03-15 19:15:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and preferably a big man, space eater with the physicalness that will take some of the pressure off of both Durham and Laszewski plus the two incoming freshman big men. That said, Marfo and Anosike did play against each other...both are around the same size--6'6" to 6'8" and around 245 pounds. Marfo had a better game and overall did well in a slightly better conference than Anosike did. The box score from their game against each other is posted below.

Bottom line, it's easy to pile up stats in a MAAC or NEC versus the ACC. The question is are they meaningful and do they translate to tougher competition...fundamentals versus just being a better athlete than your competition.

https://www.shubigred.com/sports/m-baskbl/2019-20/boxscores/20191124_iiun.xml?view=boxscore

John Mooney aint walkin' through that door . . . Unless
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-03-15 11:55:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he is.

Not really the point
by Ajax  (2020-03-15 14:58:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seems clear Brey would prefer an experienced big man next season to be in a rotation with Lasz and Durham.
Someone like Marfo realizes the nba is a longshot, but are likely good enough to play overseas. Looking to see if they can be contributors at a higher level coming from low mid major.

I know -- I'd take Marfo and I think he'd help. Unless
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-03-16 10:56:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mooney gets another year, and takes it -- that would be wild, and perhaps even shift the focus to the guard, instead.