10 NBA players have Corona Virus
by Ajax (2020-03-19 20:17:25)

but to date I have not heard of one college BB player.

In fact I do not recall hearing of any college athletes.

From a math standpoint that does not make much sense.

Cleveland State's women's basketball coach tested positive.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-03-20 11:29:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I know that a few collegiate officials who worked end of regular season/conference tournament games have also tested positive. So it's very likely there are college athletes who have it as well. Either they haven't been tested yet because they are relatively ok/asymptomatic (most likely), or they have been tested, but haven't made that information public due to privacy concerns.

$$$
by KeoughCharles05  (2020-03-19 22:52:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Celebrities and those with access have been able to get tested ahead of wider spread availability.

Almost none of them would have qualified for the test under the CDC guidelines for testing, because they're all healthy younger individuals, and their symptoms wouldn't have been bad.

NBA players have access to the test
by Remember_Its_Denver  (2020-03-19 21:06:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the current environment, it can be really challenging to get approved for a COVID-19 test. NBA teams, however, have managed to get all of their players and support personnel tested. People like Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, and Kevin Durant would be unlikely to be known positives if they were people like you or me.

Which is why we know the real number of cases
by bmoreirish  (2020-03-20 08:27:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is so much higher than what is reported.

Maybe. Do we know if every NBA player has been tested?
by pants  (2020-03-20 15:13:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are approximately 450 players in the league during the regular season. Has it been confirmed that they all have been tested?

With the money invested in them
by Ajax  (2020-03-21 16:19:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would seem the vast majority have been.