Per BGI article, Brey isn't going anywhere.
by RIBS (2020-03-25 17:32:45)
Edited on 2020-03-25 17:36:08

Informative article, linked. Brey discusses his energy and commitment, recruiting, and the trajectory of the program.

I dont understand "its hard to discuss playing time" quote
by JBrock18  (2020-03-27 09:31:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In recruiting you should immediately be trying to recruit a better player than the one that just stepped on campus. Tell the kid ya we have so and so at these positions but you'll be given a chance to take their job. If you play better you will. The article is very disappointing. It seems he's going through the motions.

You'd make one hell of a recruiter
by Section12  (2020-03-28 10:22:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

two maybe three programs can recruit over existing players and get away with it. Duke UK and perhaps Kansas.

This is a dopey attitude
by JBrock18  (2020-03-28 18:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You absolutely try to continue to bring in good players. You may target a different position heavily but you should never say, well I think we’re okay at this spot so I’ll target a lesser player as the replacement or guy off the bench. This is how you establish shitty depth and find yourself screwed when injuries occur. It’s also how you allow some individuals to get comfortable and lose drive because they are not being pushed. My college position coach told us, we are trying to bring someone better than you are in every year. Prove us wrong.

Brey always preaches that he likes "old" teams
by DawsonMayes871  (2020-03-27 10:04:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that's the case, you should always be recruiting guys that are willing to sit for a year or two and develop. Sure, you swing for the fences each year and try to get elite talent that can contribute right away, but there's no excuse for having an empty class.

You can't have it both ways where you say "hey, I have no playing time to offer" and then complain that you have to play younger guys. For whatever reason he's gotten away from having the Russell Carter/Jack Cooley/Matt Farrell types that come in and wait their turn.

sounds like no changes at all.
by oggie  (2020-03-26 14:03:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he wants to get to 25 years for financial reasons.

Either the reporter didn't ask or no changes are planned
by KORZO78  (2020-03-27 09:25:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both options are disturbing for different reasons. Brey's focus on how his retirement benefits sound like someone who has mentally checked out. If his recruiting efforts historically have been energized, I would hate to see what non-energized classes would have looked like.

Was hoping for more clarity on the direction of the program at the end of the season but looks like we will spend a few more years in purgatory.

One of the all time great
by Irishdog80  (2020-03-26 14:58:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

songs from the Talking Heads. Sad to say, I have to agree about your assessment of the article. I am a big fan of Brey, but he needs to step up recruiting and get some energy back into the program. That said, I am bullish on the 2018 class taking another step forward in 2020-21...it was incredibly painful to watch them clank shot after shot as freshmen--infected the whole team. This past year was much better with signs of hope.

I read your post first, I was expecting
by DBCooper  (2020-03-26 19:21:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Road to Nowhere

Which was my favorite of theirs

My fave: This Must Be The Place *
by Oggie  (2020-03-26 21:55:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always puts me in a good mood
by Irishdog80  (2020-03-27 03:10:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and has become a favorite of my now 23 year old daughter. She enjoys cover versions of This Must Be The Place.

Don't sleep on
by HTownND  (2020-03-26 23:31:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Psycho Killer

in my TH top 5 *
by oggie  (2020-03-27 11:00:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Big fan of Making
by Irishdog80  (2020-03-27 03:08:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Flippy Floppy. Here is a unique take on it by David Byrne without the rest of the Talking Heads unfortunately, but arguably cooks more than the original version: