I think Durham only has 20 good minutes in him.
by 84david (2020-03-26 09:02:11)

In reply to: I disagree  posted by Bmoreirish

We need somebody reliable in the middle while he is out.

Next season we will see line ups for at least
by Ajax  (2020-03-26 13:48:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

10 minutes per game where Lasz is the only big on the floor.

Note to Lasz: start hitting the weights more than ever.

Best case scenario for Durham is 25-28 mpg.

I would be surprised if Lasz and Durham are on the court together for more than 15 minutes per game.

Those 10 minutes will be brutal
by JBrock18  (2020-03-27 09:25:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He cannot defend in there or score inside against legit PF or C. Hes also not really quick so the opposing big can go outside and guard him. Brey needs a transfer big badly.

I just don't believe there is a grad transfer
by Ajax  (2020-03-27 13:14:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they can realistically land that will be better as a bench option than Taylor.

Durham is not a great on the ball defender- his strength is coming from the weak side to block shots. IMO Lasz improved in areas this past season, low post defense and driving to the basket (he played stronger). We saw with Sarr, it did not matter who was on him- he abused everyone. In that case, a coach has to come up with a double team plan. Half the teams in the ACC will abuse ND inside and another half will likely be on a level playing field.

Let's be real, Brey will always revert to the philosophy of trying to open the floor on offense (I recall a game versus Duke where he had success with Burgett as the only big) and trying to win strictly with offense.

This is why
by BIG MAC  (2020-03-26 10:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hated to see Doherty transfer. We really could use a big, physical guy, whether to give a rest to our bigs, or play at the same time to give an assist to either Laz or Durham.

It's quite likely the coaching staff
by Ajax  (2020-03-26 11:07:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Believes the two incoming frosh can be just as effective as a reserve as Doherty, with Taylor as the presumed option.

Well
by BIG MAC  (2020-03-26 14:33:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doherty always seemed like he had one foot out the door at ND. Don't think he was pushed out at all, and may have developed quite well. Maybe he never really wanted ND, but, hated to lose him, just the same.