I just can’t watch it.
by revressbo (2020-03-29 01:05:14)

In reply to: ND-UK 2015 on CBSSN *  posted by Scoop80

Still not over it. Which is very strange. Games like 2011 Michigan and 2015 Clemson/Stanford hurt for a couple of days but then I moved on (even if not “happy” about them). Five years later and the UK game still stings.

What an awesome team.

Same here. Also can't watch 1993 BC or 2005 USC FB
by JACC1203  (2020-04-01 21:28:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

games vs ND.

Too painful.

Same. Favorite ND team in any sport all time for me. *
by doug dascenzo  (2020-03-31 21:04:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's because we were legitimately as good as anyone in the
by KeoughCharles05  (2020-03-29 16:54:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

country.

It would have been an upset from a prediction standpoint, but not from an actual "how good were we" standpoint. If we have played Kentucky ten times, we likely would have won five. We beat the actual champ two out of three. Not "in the conversation" but legitimately as good as anyone.

We haven't been at that level in football in a long time.

And beat final four participant MSU
by Twinkie the Kid  (2020-03-30 11:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That ND team was, in fact, a legitimate national championship contender.

Exactly the point--that team could compete w/ anyone...
by Scoop80  (2020-03-29 19:08:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In a typical season from 1974-81, that could be said about ND MBB. 2015 is the 1 season since then in which it clearly could be said. It really can't be said about ND FB since 1993.

Winning that UK game would've been the greatest triumph in program history. It could've been a springboard to an even bigger win over Duke in the NC. We were THIS close to One Truly Shining Moment, which is why this one still hurts.

Couple things
by Ajax  (2020-03-30 14:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First everyone is correct, that was a special team and could have won the NC- but...

1. Had they beat UK, they would have had to play Wisconsin. That likely was the best Wisconsin team ever who BTW beat UK. IIRC after ND they were the most efficient offensive team and their team defensive stats were much better (as seen by the fact that Towns did not own the paint like he did versus ND).

2. Had ND won that game and faced Duke in the NC, you know damn well almost every call would have gone to Ratface.

Wisconsin was definitely no slouch
by gordonbombay  (2020-03-31 11:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My belief that we'd have won the title that year isn't born out of hard evidence. I just think once they'd beaten UK there would've been no earthly force that would've stopped that team. It was special. They showed it by ripping out the hearts of a really good Wichita team in the S16, and they showed it against UK. (I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.)

That season
by Ajax  (2020-03-31 14:49:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there were 5 teams IMO that were much better than any team we have seen this past season.

ND, Duke, WI, AZ, UK.

As far as the NCAAT:

ND and AZ were 0-1 versus them.

WI was 2-1

Duke was 1-0

As noted, 3 point shooting was the reason for the loss. Most cases, the team that shoots better wins. UK did overall and on treys.

I’m with you
by bmoreirish  (2020-03-29 10:26:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That loss sticks with me more than any football loss (my freshman year was 2000). Such a likable that legitimately could have won it all.