Interesting with about 1 minute to go
by chicos bail bonds (2020-03-29 13:39:37)

In reply to: ND-UK 2015 on CBSSN *  posted by Scoop80

There is a pretty questionable call on Vasturia guarding Harrison. SV was called for a foul trying to stop a drive near the free throw line extended. I thought Steve did a good job of moving his feet. Could have easily been a no call. We were up by 2 at the time. The foul enabled a stoppage of play which allowed UK to get Towns back in the game. Of course, as soon as they inbounded, they went to Towns and he tied the game. UK didn't appear to be willing to call a timeout to get him back in the game. It looked they were going to run the offense without him. Without that foul, it's possible we could have gotten a stop and had the ball, up 2, with about 45 seconds to play. Obviously, we can't change anything. But it was interesting to watch the game this many years later and recall how one call down the stretch could have potentially changed the outcome.

The call on SV was pretty ticky-tac
by The Magic Rat  (2020-03-30 11:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I still think the charge call on DJ was questionable. He moved his right leg slightly to the right at the last second in order to ensure contact, but you can only see that movement in slow mo. In regular motion, it absolutely looks like a charge, but it seemed like the ref had predetermined that it was going to be a block.

Really what killed us, though, were the two straight bad possessions in the last minute and a half. They stopped running their offense, which had been so efficient and beautiful to watch the whole season, and instead held the ball until a few seconds left on the shot clock and settled for step back 3 pointers by JG (the first of which almost went in and would have been a dagger).

I also really wish they had taken the two-for-one opportunity when they got the ball back with about 1:10 left after Kentucky tied it up. Tough to criticize Brey for anything that season, but 5 years later I can still remember imploring them to get a shot with 10-15 seconds left on the shot clock. I know Brey likes to let his guys go at the end of games, but that was a spot when a timeout to talk things over would have helped. If they take a shot at around the 50 second mark, then they have 15-20 seconds at the end to get a shot to tie/win, instead of the rushed 6 seconds they ended up with.

There were a couple of questionable calls down the stretch
by Ty Webb  (2020-03-30 10:33:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IMO.